METRIC® | An MC-FP Part IV Solution
METRIC for AAFP Chapters
Enhance Your Educational Programmng
The AAFP offers constituent chapters the tools to deliver a valuable and efficient Performance in Practice CME activity through the METRIC program.
- A systematic approach to performance measurement and improvement using evidence-based guidelines and performance measures based on the AMA's nationally standardized Performance Improvement CME format.
- Improved grant opportunities through the clearn demonstration of Moore’s Framework for Outcome Evaluation indicators for Level 5: Performance and Level 6: Patient Health.
- Custom outcome reports to pinpoint the impact of your activity.
- A seamless, dynamic experience for your learners, with faculty and promotional support from METRIC staff.
Low-Cost, High-Value CME for Chapter Members
In addition to the overall benefit to your chapter, each chapter member can benefit directly from completing a METRIC module with your group.
- METRIC is a free CME activity for AAFP members. Nonmember physicians and allied health professionals may participate for a fee.
- Each module is approved by the ABFM toward the fulfillment of the MC-FP Part IV Maintenance of Certification requirement.
- Physicians may earn up to 20 AAFP Prescribed credits upon completion of a METRIC module
- Other health care professionals in the clinical setting can improve patient care with the physician, including nurse practitioners and physician assistants
Design a METRIC Experience for Your Chapter
Build Your Project Group
- Your chapter can form a METRIC project group with as few as three participants.
- In addition to physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants can benefit from this valuable performance improvement project as well.
- An AAFP account ID number and valid email address are required for each participant. To establish an AAFP account ID, call the AAFP at (800) 274-2237.
Select Your Module(s)
Chapter groups may choose to complete one module together, or complete multiple modules in smaller sub-teams. For example, a chapter group with 12 particpants could decide to have three sub-teams of four complete three different modules, or sub-teams of three complete four different modules. Individual physicians may also choose an intervention to complete alone and still remain a part of the group.
Asthma accounts for more than 10.5 million office visits each year. Identify changes to improve the lives of your asthma patients and your practice with this module.
In the United States, more than 25.8 million people have diabetes. Identify changes that may improve the lives of your diabetic patients, as well as your practice.
Eighty-eight percent of people older than 65 years of age have at least one chronic health condition. Improve the health of your geriatric patients and your practice through this module.
The METRIC module on hypertension is being updated and will be re-released spring 2014. Those already in-process with this module may complete it by May 31, 2014.
Set Your Scope
While METRIC modules only require 10-15 patient charts per module, each participant may enter up to 50 patient charts during the baseline assessment (Stage A) and another 50 patient charts during the reassessment (Stage C), for a total of up to 100 patient charts. Simply note the number of charts your group would like to enter on your Group Enrollment Form.
Choose Your Reports
Quality improvement initiative leaders can easily monitor the progress of the group in accomplishing each stage in the program through standard and customized reports.
Standard Group Tracking
The standard group tracking report is a list of all physicians in the group along with a date stamp of each stage in the METRIC module that they completed. View a sample standard group tracking report »
(1 page PDF)
Aggregated and Customized Data Reports
Results for your quality improvement initiative group can be viewed within the METRIC progam or by requesting specific data reports. For customized report options, contact METRIC staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800)274-2237 x 6553. View a sample customized data report »
(4 page PDF)
Please note: At this time, raw data from the METRIC online program is not able to be downloaded electronically.