How to Log In
When you became an AAFP member or created an account on www.aafp.org, you chose or were issued a username and password to log into the site.
Forgot Your Username or Password?
If you are an AAFP member or have an existing account and forgot your login information, you can retrieve your username if you have an email address associated with your account. To reset your password, you will be asked to answer your security challenge question. If you have not created a security challenge question or need assistance, please contact us.
Log In Trouble
- Be sure that cookies are enabled in your web browser. For help with enabling cookies, please see the section titled Cookies.
- If you use internet security and/or privacy software, be sure that cookies are enabled or configure your software to accept cookies from our site. Please refer to the help section of the software you're using for instructions on enabling cookies.
- If you use Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy then click Sites near the middle of the screen. Be sure www.aafp.org isn't in the list of blocked sites.
- If you use Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Privacy and click Exceptions. Be sure www.aafp.org isn’t in the list of blocked sites.
- Try deleting your temporary Internet files (cache). To do this in Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options; on the General tab under Browsing History, click Delete. Next, click Delete Files or Delete All. In Firefox, go to Tools > Clear Recent History; check the box next to Cache and click Clear Now.
- If you continue to have trouble or require additional instruction, contact the AAFP Contact Center.
To access the restricted content on this site, you must have your browser set to accept first-party cookies. Cookies are used as part of our security system to verify your identity and to temporarily store your login information as you navigate through the members-only section of the site.
If you use internet security and/or privacy software, be sure that cookies are enabled or configure your software to accept cookies from our site. Please refer to the help section of the software you're using for instructions on enabling cookies.
Enabling cookies in your browser
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and 7
- Go to Tools > Internet Options and select the Privacy tab. If a slider is present, select Medium; if set to Custom, click Advanced. Accept/Enable should be checked under First-party Cookies, and “Always allow session cookies” should also be checked.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Tools > Options and select the Privacy tab. Check the box next to “Accept cookies from sites.”
Assistance is available via phone or e-mail from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Central, Monday through Friday.
Phone: 800-274-2237 or 913-906-6000
Email: AAFP Contact Center (please include your username or your seven-digit AAFP ID number and a description of the problem)