Leadership in State Government Advocacy
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding chapter contributions to further family medicine through legislative accomplishments or initiatives, or the support of public policy efforts.
Activities undertaken in calendar year 2014 are eligible for the award. Three awards are available:
- One each for small, medium, and large chapters
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter requesting consideration
- Background information on issue
- Activity undertaken by chapter
- Outcome of activity
- Lessons for other chapters
- Supporting documents
Applications are reviewed and recommended to the AAFP Board Chair by the AAFP Commission on Governmental Advocacy Subcommittee on State Government Affairs.
Subcommittee members will consider, but not be limited to, the following criteria:
- Approach: How did the chapter position itself on the issue?
- Innovation: Was a new strategy deployed?
- Outcome: How successful was the effort, not necessarily measured by disposition of legislation?
- Replicable: How helpful will this program be to other chapters?
Please submit applications to Shannon Morey, AAFP Manager for Center for State Policy.
Rolling, accepting applications for 2016 until June 30, 2016