This award honors extraordinary and enduring humanitarian efforts both within and beyond the borders of the United States. This award is reserved for Academy members. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact AAFP at (800) 274-2237, ext. 6812, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for this award are now being accepted. Criteria for this award is as follows:
- The award is only open to AAFP members and is not necessarily awarded every year.
- Nominations can be submitted from constituent chapters, AAFP commissions and AAFP Board of Directors
- The letter of nomination should include a brief summary of the person’s accomplishments and why the member deserves this award.
- The nomination packet should include a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
The deadline for nominations is March 1. A decision will be determined at the Board of Directors meeting in late April/early May. The Humanitarian Award is presented at the Congress of Delegates. The award recipient will receive the most economical coach airfare to the Congress of Delegates as well as hotel accommodations for up to two nights.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Janssen at
(913) 906-6000 x 6812 or email@example.com. Please submit your nominations to:
AAFP Office of Governance
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211
Fax: (913) 906-6088
Constituent chapters, AAFP Commissions and AAFP Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Congress of Delegates*
*Travel expenses are provided. See Travel Guidelines for Award Recipients.