FMIG Network Program of Excellence Award
Applications are due April 1, 2014
For more than 10 years, the AAFP Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network has recognized FMIGs with the Program of Excellence Award for their efforts to stimulate student interest in family medicine and family medicine programming.
To win this award, an FMIG must demonstrate that it is well-rounded with competency in a number of key areas, including:
- FMIG structure and operation
- Community service
- Exposing students to family medicine and family physicians
- Promoting the value of family medicine as primary care
- Professional development
- Measures of success
The FMIG must also illustrate significant changes or enhancements -- what was learned from the previous years' activities, what new innovations have been or will be developed, and what elements of programming were modified to meet the needs of members.
Awards are given in two segments:
- Overall Awards: Ten overall Program of Excellence Award winners will be chosen based on demonstration of well-rounded, exemplary FMIG activity and operation. These FMIGs address all aspects of the key award areas explained above.
- Special Consideration or Categorical Awards: These are FMIGs who demonstrate excellence in one area, or who qualify for special consideration because they are a first-time applicant or an FMIG that has overcome significant obstacles. Examples of special consideration or categorical awards are:
- Excellence in Community Service
- Excellence in Professional Development
- Excellence in Exposure to Family Medicine and Family Physicians
- Excellence in Promoting the Value of Family Medicine as Primary Care
- Excellence in Initiatives for Third- and Fourth-Year Students
- First-Time Applicant
- Most Improved FMIG
Each FMIG may apply for either an overall or a special consideration/categorical award. Applicants for the overall award that are not chosen as overall winners are eligible for special consideration/categorical awards at the discretion of the Program of Excellence Award judging panel. Applicants for special consideration/categorical awards are not eligible for overall awards. The application form must be used for submission. Any other formats will not be accepted.
- FMIG Program of Excellence Overall Award Application(7 page PDF)
- FMIG Program of Excellence Categorical or Special Consideration Award Application(7 page PDF)
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.