ALSO International and Global ALSO
ALSO Provider and Instructor Courses are administered in 62 countries, helping health care providers throughout the world develop and maintain the knowledge and skills they need to effectively manage potential emergencies during the perinatal period.
View the following videos to learn more about ALSO International:
About ALSO International
Learn what ALSO® does and how it helps people around the world.
Learn how the ALSO program has reduced maternal mortality and challenges health care providers face in the West Bank, Gaza Strip area.
ALSO Global Maternity Health
Review images of the ALSO program from programs conducted around the world.
View ALSO courses sponsored in Argentina, and learn how they plan to strengthen the promotion of the course to reach all parts of the country.
Read more about a few ALSO International Programs:
The GLOBAL ALSO program is an addendum to the ALSO program and was was created as a result of the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) program expanding internationally. The current curriculum has been modified for the epidemiological, medical, technological, pedagogical, and cultural contexts where ALSO is taught. The five leading causes of maternal mortality in the world are: hemorrhage (25%), infection (15%), unsafe abortion (13%), eclampsia (12%), and obstructed labor (8%).
The Global ALSO program is available for purchase.
Included on the GLOBAL ALSO CD-ROM:
- Instructions about introduction of ALSO courses to new regions using the teach the teacher model
- Addenda to each of the chapters in the main syllabus to give them an international context and addressing issues relevant to developing countries that are not covered in the existing chapters
- New chapters addressing important clinical issues not covered in the main syllabus
- Recommendations for how midwives, doctors and other skilled birth attendants (SBAs) can best interact with traditional birth attendants (TBAs) to develop clinical protocols and to create teamwork within the nation’s health care system
- Teacher training and resources for working with TBAs who may have limited literacy
Order the Global ALSO Program