Translations of ALSO Materials
The American Academy of Family Physicians holds the copyright for the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) educational materials. Copying or issuing translated versions of the ALSO materials without prior permission is illegal. Those wishing to obtain permission to translate these materials into another language must follow the procedure outlined below.
- The name, address, and phone number of the physician responsible for reviewing the scientific content of the translation must be submitted with the request.
- An individual, or individuals within the country or organization, requesting the translation must be identified for future contact, such as receiving new information or making revisions.
- A formal written request must be made to the American Academy of Family Physicians. This request should include the following:
- A statement of the desire to translate the ALSO materials.
- A proposal for implementing in the target country. This proposal should address:
- How the translation should be done
- How the translation will be adapted to the needs of the country for which it is being prepared.
- Translation of portions of the ALSO materials to be used outside of an ALSO course is not permitted.
- The translation must include a printed disclaimer stating it is a translation and was not produced by the American Academy of Family Physicians. The translation may not include the seal of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- The publisher agrees to indemnify and hold the AAFP harmless from any claim that may be attributed to a discrepancy or inaccuracy between the translated version and the original English language edition.
- The publisher must sign the ALSO license agreement to be provided by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Submit a written request to publish international translations of ALSO materials to:
Diana Winslow, R.N. B.S.N.
Manager, ALSO Program
American Academy of Family Physicians
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211-2680