Resident Representative to the AAFP Center for Global Health Initiatives (CGHI)
NOTE: Applications for this position are being accepted. The deadline is August 8, 2017.
Help plan the AAFP Family Medicine Global Health Workshop, take the lead in preparing and facilitating the Global Health Networking Meeting at the National Conference, and participate in Polaris-related activities. Receive mentoring from established leaders in global health.
- Represent the resident perspective as a member of the AAFP Center for Global Health Initiatives Advisory Board
- Participate in the program development of the annual AAFP Global Health Workshop
- Coordinate resident activities, if any, during the Global Health Workshop
- Facilitate/moderate the Global Health Networking meeting at the AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Disseminate global health-related messages via appropriate social media channels
- Provide input to global health-related communications
- Be a US resident representative on the Polaris Executive Committee
- Must be PGY1 or PGY2
- Demonstrate interest and involvement in global health
- Must have residency director’s endorsement that time away from residency will be granted to attend meetings
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 10-15 days including weekends
Funding: Provided for CGHI Advisory Board Interim meeting attendance, Global Health Workshop attendance, and a Wonca or Polaris meeting
Note: The resident member of the CGHII Advisory Board can only serve on the Board once. He or she is not eligible for re-election.
|MEETING : AAFP Global Health Workshop||DATES : TBD||LOCATION : TBD|
|MEETING : CGHI Advisory Board Interim Meeting||DATES : TBD||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|