Chapter Delegates to Resident Congress
Each year, AAFP constituent chapters elect/select resident members to serve as chapter delegates to the National Congress of Family Medicine Residents (NCFMR). The NCFMR convenes during the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students. The resolutions generated at these congresses influence Academy policy and activities.
Contact your chapter to express interest in this position.
- Poll residents in your chapter prior to the National Conference for important issues your constituents would like to have addressed.
- Organize chapter caucuses during the National Conference.
- Attend all business sessions and assure that members of your chapter delegation attend these and related sessions.
- Encourage submission of resolutions from your chapter delegation.
- Attend the candidates’ forum. Attendance is imperative, as you will be casting the single vote for your chapter delegation.
- Be prepared to discuss and act upon resolutions during the final business session.
- Take what you’ve learned back to your chapter and educate your constituents.
- Established by each chapter. Contact your chapter to express interest in this position.
Time commitment away from residency: 4 days
Funding: The AAFP does not provide funding for chapter delegates to attend the National Conference. Support is usually sought at the state and local levels.
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 27-29, 2017||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|