Resident Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
NOTE: Applications for the 2017-18 term are currently being accepted. The position will be elected on July 29, 2017 at the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students in Kansas City. Applications are accepted up until the election; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications before the start of National Conference (July 27-29).
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation’s mission is to advance the values of family medicine by promoting humanitarian, educational, and scientific initiatives that improve the health of all people.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Attends National Conference
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards residents
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the resident membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- May be in any year of residency
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Foundation guidelines.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 17-19, 2017||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster (COE Liaison, SRSI)||DATES : February 1-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 18-20, 2018||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : June 1-3, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|