Student Representative to the AAFP Center for Global Health Initiatives (CGHI)
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2017 for the 2018-2020 (two-year) term.
Help plan the AAFP Family Medicine Global Health Workshop, and take the lead in preparing and facilitating the Global Health Networking Meeting at the National Conference. Receive mentoring from established leaders in global health.
- Represent the medical student perspective as a member of the AAFP Center for Global Health Initiatives Advisory Board
- Participate in the program development of the annual AAFP Global Health Workshop
- Coordinate student activities, if any, during the Global Health Workshop
- Facilitate/moderate the Global Health Networking meeting at the AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Function as a global health liaison to medical students through, but not limited to, the FMIG Network
- Disseminate global health-related messages via appropriate social media channels
- Provide input to global health-related communications
- Must be entering second or third year of medical school
- Demonstrate interest and involvement in global health
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 11-12 days including weekends
Funding: Provided for CGHI Advisory Board Interim meeting attendance and Global Health Workshop attendance
Note: The student member of the CGHI Advisory Board can only serve on the Board once. In the future, he or she will not be eligible to serve on the CGHI Advisory Board as a resident.
|MEETING : CGHI Advisory Board Interim Meeting||DATES : TBD||LOCATION : TBD|
|MEETING : AAFP Global Health Workshop||DATES : TBD||LOCATION : TBD|