Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network National Coordinator
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2017 for the 2017-2018 term.
Lead the FMIG Network to connect and strengthen FMIGs across the country, and help plan National Conference.
- Support and facilitate the work of the FMIG Regional Coordinators by maintaining communication via email, telephone, or text
- Strengthen the FMIGs on the local, state, and national levels
- Assists in activity/information coordination of all FMIG leaders
- Help facilitate the FMIG Regional Coordinators’ Orientation
- Provides input into planning the theme, programming, and special activities for the upcoming National Conference
- Assists in coordinating the FMIG activities at National Conference
- Functions as a member of the AAFP Commission on Education (COE)
- Participates as a member of the Subcommittee on Resident and Student Issues and Subcommittee on National Conference Planning, and the Resident/Student Screening Committee
- Active involvement in an FMIG prior to election
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 10-12 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
|MEETING : Subcommittee on National Conference Planning (SNCP)||DATES : October 2016||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : FMIG Network Student Leader Orientation||DATES : January 2017||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster||DATES : February 2-5, 2017||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : June 2-4, 2017||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 27-29, 2017||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|