Student Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2017 for the 2017-2018 term.
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation’s mission is to advance the values of family medicine by promoting humanitarian, educational, and scientific initiatives that improve the health of all people.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards students
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the student membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- Attends the National Conference. (Does NOT attend Commission on Education)
- May be in any year of medical school
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Foundation guidelines.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 18-20, 2016||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 19-21, 2017||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 27-29, 2017||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|