Member Interest Group
Direct Primary Care
Established: July 2014
- Create a community of family physicians who are interested in the direct primary care (DPC) model
- Share resources, ideas, and best practices for practicing family medicine in a DPC model
- Discuss and determine problems and challenges in the DPC model that may warrant advocacy efforts
- Create, support, and develop educational opportunities specifically related to DPC for American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) members
- Enhance awareness about the DPC model and how it can be a solution to improve practice viability and decrease administrative burden
- Assist the AAFP in membership recruitment and retention of family physicians who practice in a DPC model.
- Increase awareness of the DPC model among family physicians and advocate for AAFP members who are currently practicing in this model or anticipate transitioning to it
- Create resources, education, and a supportive community within the AAFP membership for physicians interested in direct care relationships with patients
- Improve public awareness of the benefits of the DPC model
- Develop aggregate data/research on the DPC model within the AAFP membership
- Help identify issues related to the DPC model that are important for the strategic interests of the AAFP
MIG Information Guide
Download the Group Information Guide for more details about MIG officers, funding, maintenance of MIGs, commission oversight, and more.