Member Interest Group
Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care
Established: September 2010
- Promote workforce policies, educational goals, and credentialing standards that are consistent with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) policy on family physicians in emergency medicine
- Assist the AAFP in membership recruitment and retention of family physicians who practice emergency medicine or in an urgent care setting.
- Develop a white paper on emergency medicine/urgent care and their role in the patient-centered medical home (PCMH)
- Develop a white paper on access to emergency care and the role of the family physician, with an emphasis on rural/underserved communities
- Propose to the American Board of Family Medicine the development of a Maintenance of Certification Part IV module in emergency medicine (possibly using materials already produced by other organizations, such as the American College of Emergency Physicians’ Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment)
MIG Information Guide
Download the Group Information Guide for more details about MIG officers, funding, maintenance of MIGs, commission oversight, and more.