Member Interest Group
Independent Solo/Small Group Practice
Established: July 2014
- Represent the interests of American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) members who practice in independent solo and small group practices
- Serve as a resource for physicians interested in starting an independent solo or small group practice
- Promote discussion and communication within the AAFP of issues relevant to independent solo and small group practices
- Advocate policies that enable independent solo and small group practices to deliver the highest quality of care while remaining financially viable
- Foster leadership skills among independent solo and small group physicians so they can better serve as a resource of expertise for the AAFP
- Assist the AAFP in membership recruitment and retention of family physicians who practice in independent solo or small group practices.
- Establish communication between AAFP members, leadership, and all levels of organization within the AAFP to ensure input and feedback on issues and activities related to independent solo and small group practice
- Be a resource for medical students, family medicine residents, and AAFP members interested in establishing an independent solo or small group practice
- Contribute to planning program content for the annual AAFP Assembly that is relevant to members who are interested in or practice in independent solo and small group practices
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among AAFP members who are in independent solo or small group practices, as well as collaboration with other medical organizations whose members support and promote independent solo and small group practices
- Be a resource for AAFP leadership to identify leadership needs and develop leadership skills in members of the AAFP who are in independent solo and small group practices
MIG Information Guide
Download the Group Information Guide for more details about MIG officers, funding, maintenance of MIGs, commission oversight, and more.