Become a Member
- Access to American Family Physician (AFP), Family Practice Management (FPM), and Annals of Family Medicine
- Educational, professional, and local resources available on a national and state level
- Discounts on family-medicine specific CME, self-study, live courses, meetings, and more
- Board Review practice questions
Join the AAFP
The AAFP is your champion, focused on helping you spend more time doing what you do best: providing quality and cost-effective patient care. You can count on the AAFP to advocate for your interests at the national, state, and local level while serving as your home for important resources, specialty information, and career and practice guidance.
Invest in your career, join your colleagues, and support family medicine. Become an AAFP member today.
Save time and money, connect with your colleagues, and give your specialty a voice. Take advantage of:
- CME reporting tool
- Practice enhancement resources
- Discounts on CME
Make the most of your medical career with valuable resources included in your resident membership. Benefit from:
- Directories of family residency programs and fellowships
- International family medicine opportunities
- The FPM Toolbox, including tools for family medicine practice management
Find out if family medicine is right for you with a FREE student membership. Receive access to:
- Award-winning journal, American Family Physician
- Board review practice questions
- National and state chapter support
- Leadership opportunities and scholarships
Invest in family medicine with a supporting membership. Enrich and enhance the specialty by:
- Participating in important and beneficial activities
- Exhibiting your commitment and lending your expertise
Practice family medicine around the world and maintain your connection to the specialty in the United States. Continue your contact with:
- Quality family medicine education resources
- Direct network to your colleagues here and abroad
- Assets to strengthen the voice of family physicians worldwide.
Has it been a while since you were a member? Welcome back to the AAFP.
Retired from practicing medicine or unable to practice at this time? You have an option to continue your membership.
Have you been an AAFP member for 20 years or more? Consider becoming a life member.