- Members who have held Active membership for a minimum of 25 years, have had 5 years of continuous membership immediately prior to election as Life members, and who meet one of the following requirements:
- Age 70 or over.
- Totally retired.
- May vote and have floor at Congress of Delegates. May not hold office.
Continuing Study Requirements
General Membership Information
- Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the chapter. For more information on transferring into this category, please contact the Member Resource Center at (800) 274-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to their appropriate chapter. The AAFP has a chapter for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Uniformed Services, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Members are also required to belong to a local chapter, if one exists in their area.
- Chapter membership makes it convenient for AAFP members to access relevant information and focused resources right where they live and work. Chapters offer local and regional opportunities to network, mentor, volunteer, take a leadership role, and get involved in the AAFP.
Questions? Contact us at (800) 274-2237 or email@example.com.
Term of Membership
National AAFP Dues
$350.00 one-time national dues effective Jan. 1 following transfer to Life membership. (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31)
One-time Chapter/Local Dues
Vary by Chapter