The American Academy of Family Physicians is pleased to recommend UpToDate to its members.
UpToDate®. Smarter Decisions. Better Care.
UpToDate(www.uptodate.com) is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical knowledge resource that clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions. UpToDate’s team of more than 5,100 world-renowned physician authors, editors and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality. More than 600,000 clinicians worldwide and almost 90% of academic medical centers in the US rely on UpToDate. Plus, more than 30 research studies confirm UpToDate’s widespread usage of UpToDate and an association with improved patient care and hospital performance, including reduced length of stay, adverse complications and mortality.
With UpToDate, you can:
- Register for a Free Trial*
- Subscribe to UpToDate(www.uptodate.com)
- What's New in Family Medicine(www.uptodate.com)
- UpToDate in Family Medicine(www.uptodate.com)
UpToDate Mobile Access(www.uptodate.com)
Now with Mobile Apps for leading platforms, including Android ™ and iOS.†
- UpToDate Demo(www.uptodate.com)
†Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
*One free trial per individual AAFP member
Educational Goals and Objectives:
This program will provide family physicians with reliable answers to clinical questions. With UpToDate, you will be able to:
- Access the most current evidence-based information available on any aspect of family medicine
- Recognize the clinical manifestations of a wide variety of diseases and disorders and describe current options for diagnosis, management, and therapy (including the efficacy, doses, and interactions of individual drugs) in all of family medicine
- Evaluate and treat system-specific manifestations of systemic disorders
- Educate patients regarding screening and prevention