- Response: CMS to AAFP on Prescribing Diabeticv Supplies(3 page PDF)
- Response: CMS to AAFP on Medical Records for TCM Code(2 page PDF)
- Response: CMS to AAFP on Rx Affordability(3 page PDF)
- Response: DoD Letter to AAFP on Insulin Pen Coverage(1 page PDF)
- Response: CMS Letter to AAFP on Provider Directories(2 page PDF)
Administrative simplification represents an industry-wide commitment to reducing health care costs by strengthening the electronic exchange of data, and by removing unnecessary burdens throughout the compliance, claims and billing processes. The AAFP supports these objectives and is continuously working to alleviate demands placed on family physicians through entangling paperwork and needless regulatory complexities.
The AAFP has advocated for expedited implementation of administrative simplification provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) that will enhance meaningful electronic communications between health plans, financial institutions and family physician practices.
We also have pushed for the elimination of aspects of the Medicare and Medicaid programs that are unnecessary, obsolete, or excessively burdensome for health care providers and beneficiaries. Specifically, we have supported the elimination of:
- Provisions that preclude Medicare and Medicaid re-enrollment for physicians who have not responded in a timely manner to revalidation queries of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS);
- The current Medicare rule that automatically deactivates a physician who has not submitted a Medicare claim for 12 consecutive months.
The administrative hurdles facing all physicians have grown dramatically in recent years. The AAFP is determined to help family physicians reduce these roadblocks by identifying and eliminating regulations and processes that add cost while undermining the efficient and effective delivery of quality care.
AAFP Letter to CMS on Patient Relationship Categories and Codes - August 12, 2016(6 page PDF)
AAFP Letter to CMS on Patient Experience Measures - August 4, 2016(2 page PDF)
AAFP Letter tp HHS on Diabetes Strips Prescription Burdens - April 13, 2016(3 page PDF)
AAFP Letter to SAMHSA on Confidentiality of Substance Abuse Patient Records - April 8, 2016(3 page PDF)
AAFP Letter to CMS on Adequate Formularies and Administrative Burden - March 30, 2016(1 page PDF)
AAFP Letter to CMS on Transitional Care Management Code - March 15, 2016(2 page PDF)
Didn't find what you were looking for? Search the Administrative Simplification document archive.