Patient-Centered Outcome Research Institute (PCORI)
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is an independent, non-profit organization created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) to fund research that will provide patients, their caregivers, and clinicians with evidence-based information required to make better-informed health care decisions.
The institute’s core duties include establishing national research priorities, creating and executing a research agenda, developing and updating methodological standards, and disseminating research findings.
The AAFP has worked closely with the PCORI to help define the elements and objectives of patient-centered care, including research protocols, especially as they relate to outcomes research and patient engagement. We will continue to engage with the PCORI as this important initiative moves forward and establishes a solid theoretical foundation for the transformation of care delivery.
- Joint Letter to PCORI in Support of the NAPCRG Grant Proposal - March 3, 2014(1 page PDF)
- AAFP Nomination to Vacant Physician Seat on the Board of Governors for PCORI - November 7, 2013(155 KB PDF)
- Joint Letter to PCORI on the Draft Methodology Report - September 13, 2012(2 page PDF)
- Joint Letter to PCORI on National Priorities for Research - March 14, 2012(4 page PDF)
- Letter to Budget Committees Regarding FY2012 - March 29, 2011(2 page PDF)
- Letter to GAO Regarding PCORI Board of Governors - October 14, 2010(2 page PDF)
- Letter to House Committees of Jusisdiction Regarding Economic Stimulus Package - January 21, 2009(3 page PDF)