Sleep Disorders in Children
This collection features AFP content deemed current by the AFP online medical editor on sleep disorders in children and related issues, including enuresis, insomnia, nightmares and dreaming disorders, obstructive sleep apnea, sleepwalking, and sudden infant death syndrome. New research may affect the interpretation and application of this material. Clinical judgment is advised. Note that AFP content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
Last Update: 08/31/2012
Screening, Diagnosis, and Prevention
Editorials and Letters
Patient Education, Self-Care
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (05/15/2009)
- Evaluation and Treatment of Enuresis (08/15/2008)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children (03/01/2004)
- Sleep Disorders and Sleep Problems in Childhood (01/15/2001)
- Nightmares and Disorders of Dreaming (04/01/2000)
- AAP Expands Recommendations on SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Deaths [Practice Guidelines] (05/01/2012)
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome [Clinical Evidence Handbook] (10/01/2003)
- Medications for Insomnia Treatment in Children [FPIN's Clinical Inquiries] (02/01/2008)
- New Recommendations to Reduce the Risk of SIDS: What Should We Advise Parents? [Editorials] (12/01/2006)
Copyright © 2012 by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This content is owned by the AAFP. A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non-commercial reference. This material may not otherwise be downloaded, copied, printed, stored, transmitted or reproduced in any medium, whether now known or later invented, except as authorized in writing by the AAFP. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for copyright questions and/or permission requests.