About Your CME Report
AAFP members can view, edit, print or e-mail a transcript of all of the CME activities that they have reported starting in 2002.
- Log in to view your transcript.
AAFP members can log in to "My CME Home" to print letters of participation for AAFP-produced CME activities.
- Click the "View My Transcript" link.
- Click "Print Letter" next to the activity for which you would like to obtain a letter of participation.
- Activities cannot receive more than the maximum number of credits awarded. For example; an activity reported to us for 11 credits may be reduced to 10.75 credits, because that is the maximum number of credits for which that activity was approved by the AAFP.
- All CME must be recorded in quarterly increments. If you report CME in any other format, it will be rounded to the nearest quarter hour. For example, credits reported at 7.33 will be rounded to 7.25.
If you feel we made an error or you need further clarification, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 274-2237.
Call the Contact Center at, (800) 274-2237, or email us at email@example.com.
This could be for any of five reasons:
- You have not reported the minimum requirement of 75 Prescribed credits
- You have not reported the minimum requirements of 25 credits of live activities
- It is possible you have exceeded the maximum limits of:
- Enrichment (limited to 25 credits during a three-year re-election cycle);
- Publication of an original research paper (limited to 15 credits per paper; 45 credits during a three-year re-election cycle)
- Teaching (limited to 60 credits during a three year re-election cycle)
- Presentation/publication of a paper (limited to 10 credits per paper; 30 credits during a three-year re-election cycle)
- Preparation/presentation of a scientific medical exhibit (limited to 15 credits during a three-year re-election cycle)
- Peer Review Manuscripts listed in Medline (limited to 3 credits per manuscript; 30 credits during a three-year re-election cycle)
- Participation in clinical research studies (limited to 30 credits during a three-year re-election cycle)
- Writing test questions (limited to 30 credits during a three-year re-election cycle)
- Advanced training (limited to 25 credits during a three year re-election cycle);
- Taking a board Examination (limited to 25 credits during a three year re-election cycle);
- Medical writing (limited to 30 credits during a three year re-election cycle)
- You have not reported the minimum credits required by your chapter (check with your chapter for more information).
- The 150 credits are not within your re-election cycle.
The activity will be recorded as Elective credit usually with a generic title of "Formal Activity".
I reported CME earlier in the year and it was Prescribed credit. Subsequent activities by that CME provider are Elective. Why?
- The CME Provider may have requested accreditation for some activities and not others.
- Some providers choose to seek accreditation for a series of activities in monthly, quarterly or yearly increments.
The CME must be earned within the three-year re-election cycle therefore the credits can't be rolled to the next cycle.