Asthma SAM Working Group
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement and offers the latest information on asthma diagnosis, treatment, and management.
Simplify the ABFM's MC-FP Part II Requirement
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- Gain the latest knowledge on diagnosing, treating, managing asthma.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
Dates and locations
Topics covered in this course include:
- Pathogenesis of asthma
- Diagnosis of asthma
- Management of chronic asthma
- Emergency management of asthma
- Co-morbidities of asthma
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Complications of asthma therapy
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.