Friday, July 18, 2014 | Myrtle Beach, SC
Asthma SAM Working Group
Save When You Register by June 16
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day, topic-specific session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
*This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.
|EARLY BIRD FEE*||FEE|
|AAFP Members||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $195||FEE: $235|
|AAFP New Physician Members||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $145||FEE: $175|
|AAFP Resident Members||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $145||FEE: $175|
|Nonmembers||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $265||FEE: $305|
*Early bird fee available for registrations completed on or before June 16, 2014.
Early Bird Discount | AAFP members and nonmembers: $40; new physicians and residents: $30.
Discount applied to completed registration on or before the early bird registration date.
More in Myrtle Beach
Additional activities offered at this location:
- Practical Advances in Musculoskeletal and Sports Care - July 15-18, 2014
- Diabetes SAM Working Group - July 19, 2014
Separate registration and fee required.
Contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for your accommodations during this course.
Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes(www.marriott.com)
8400 Costa Verde Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Phone: (843) 449-8880
Rate: $219 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 16, 2014
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About hotel reservations
- Reservations made after June 16, 2014, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes guarantees reservation by credit card. Fees will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 7 days prior to arrival.
Upon completion of this SAM, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Pathogenesis of asthma
- Diagnosis of asthma
- Management of chronic asthma
- Emergency management of asthma
- Co-morbidities of asthma
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Complications of asthma therapy
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course, and a hard copy syllabus available onsite. Additional information and instruction will be provided by email after you register.
Ready to register?
Asthma SAM Working Group
Friday, July 18, 2014
Questions? View FAQ on SAM Working Groups »