Coronary Artery Disease SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement and offers the latest information on CAD diagnosis, management, and complications.
Simplify the ABFM's MC-FP Part II Requirement
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
Select a Course to Register for CAD SAM
Topics covered in this course include:
- Pathogenesis of CAD
- Diagnosis of CAD
- EKG interpretation
- Management of chronic CAD (e.g. medical therapy of angina, risk factor management, interventional therapy)
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Recognition and management of myocardial infarction and its complications
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.