Coronary Artery Disease SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Learn more about CAD diagnosis, management, and complications in this one-day SAM Working Group course. Applicable to MC-FP Part II.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
Select a Course Date and Location
- September 20, 2014 in Chicago, IL - Registration available December 2013.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course include:
- Pathogenesis of CAD
- Diagnosis of CAD
- EKG interpretation
- Management of chronic CAD (e.g. medical therapy of angina, risk factor management, interventional therapy)
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Recognition and management of myocardial infarction and its complications
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website within one year (separate fee to the ABFM required).