Cerebrovascular Disease SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day, topic-specific session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
What You Will Learn
At the end of this practical, hands-on course, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in pathophysiology, diagnosis, acute management, chronic management, rehabilitation, and prevention.
You will gain the skills to:
- Take a history for a cerebrovascular disease case
- Perform a physical examination for a cerebrovascular disease case
- Perform a laboratory evaluation for a cerebrovascular disease case
- Manage care for cerebrovascular disease
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.