Wednesday, July 12 - Saturday, July 15, 2017 | San Diego, CA
Care of Chronic Conditions Live Course
Register by June 19 to Save $100.
Explore the latest evidence-based information on clinical topics, formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients. Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change. Learn how to implement tools to better manage chronic care in practice. Leave with the most current information to apply directly to your practice.
Approved for up to 25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credits include clinical procedural workshops. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat and manage chronic diseases.
- Formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification of factors such as nutrition, physical activity, smoking and alcohol use.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to chronic diseases, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
- Implement tools to manage chronic care in practice and help patients control chronic illnesses, which may include practice transformation and/or quality improvement activities.
Attend Care of
Wednesday, July 12 - Saturday, July 15, 2017
San Diego, CA
Rancho Bernardo Inn
Early bird registration discount available through June 19, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Back Pain
- Bleeding and Clotting Disorders
- Case Studies – Chronic Pain
- Chronic Abdominal Pain
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Opioid Therapy
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Depression and Anxiety
- Diabetes – Next Steps
- Hearing & Vision Disorders
- Hyper & Hypothyroidism
- Herbals & Nutrition Supplements
- Modifiable Risk Factors (Alcohol, Tobacco, Obesity): Addressing the Problem
- Osteoarthritis: Current Recommendations for Prevention and Treatment
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Parkinson Disease
- Viral Hepatitis
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, July 12, 2017|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2017 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2017 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2017 : 12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, July 13, 2017|
|Thursday, July 13, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, July 13, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, July 13, 2017 : 12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, July 13, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, July 14, 2017|
|Friday, July 14, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, July 14, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, July 14, 2017 : 12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, July 14, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, July 15, 2017|
|Saturday, July 15, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, July 15, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, July 15, 2017 : 12:15 p.m.||Course Adjourns|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Registrants will be notified when workshops are available to register. Separate registration and fee required to attend a workshop. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Rancho Bernardo Inn(reservations.ranchobernardoinn.com)
17550 Bernardo Oaks Drive
San Diego, CA 92128
Phone: (800) 542-6096
Rate: $199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 19, 2017
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after June 19, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Rancho Bernardo Inn guarantees reservation by credit card. One night's room charge is required at time of making the reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
This live activity, Care of Chronic Conditions, with a beginning date of July 12, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »