Chronic Conditions Self-Study Package -
Strengthen your care for chronic conditions with the very latest in evidence-based information on one of the greatest public health issues.
Designed to help family physicians provide the best care to their chronically ill patients, the AAFP’s Chronic Conditions Self-Study Package is an evidence-based, learning solution built to help you hone your clinical skills on a wide-range of family medicine-specific content related to chronic disease care.
This dynamic, 23-session video self-study tool was recorded from the AAFP Chronic Conditions live course. Use this self-study tool to learn best practices to prepare effective treatment plans for condition management and formulate strategies to counsel patients on behavior modification—on a schedule that works best for you. View full topic list »
This self-study package is approved for up to 22.25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 22.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
CME credit approved through January 16, 2020.
View all statements and agreements »
- 23 video presentations, 30-60 minutes each
- CME reporting and evaluation option after each presentations
- Interactive interface with QuestionPause™ during presentations
- Full-color, 250-plus page syllabus
- Online post-test*
- Audio CDs of presentations (flash drive and combination packages only)
- Customized learning option with multiple ways to work through the material:
- Continuous Play - audio and video with speaker slides
- QuestionPause Play - simulate the live course environment, answering questions as you go
- Standard CD Play - listen from your home, office, or car (flash drive and combination packages only)
- MP3 Audio - rip to your MP3 player and learn on the go
*Post-test MUST be submitted to claim CME credit.
AAFP member ID or purchase invoice required for post-test log in.
Estimated time to complete package: 23 hours
Portable, easy access to all of your self-study materials. Includes an USB flash drive, audio CDs, and printed color syllabus.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Back Pain
- Bleeding and Clotting Disorders
- Case Studies – Chronic Pain
- Chronic Abdominal Pain
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic Opioid Therapy
- Depression and Anxiety
- Diabetes – Next Steps
- Hearing and Vision Disorders
- Herbals and Nutritional Supplements
- Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
- Modifiable Risk Factors (Alcohol, Tobacco, Obesity)
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Parkinson Disease
- Viral Hepatitis
- USB drive
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(www.adobe.com).
This Enduring Material activity, Chronic Conditions 2nd Edition, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 01/17/2017. Term of approval is for 3 years from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 22.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »