Diabetes SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement and offers the latest information on diabetes diagnosis and management.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- Learn the latest on diagnosing and managing Diabetes Mellitus, including microvascular and macrovascular complications.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course include:
- Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus
- Recognition and management of microvascular complications
- Recognition and management of macrovascular complications
- Non-pharmacologic management of diabetes mellitus
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.