Wednesday, September 17 - Saturday, September 20, 2014 | Albuquerque, NM
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
Register by August 18 to Save $100
Wednesday, September 17 - Saturday, September 20, 2014
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa
Albuquerque (Santa Ana Pueblo), NM
To register by fax or mail, download the registration form.(1 page PDF)
More in Albuquerque
With little time for analysis, emergency and urgent clinical conditions call for focused and immediate care. In an instant, it’s imperative to know the available treatment options for your patients as you evaluate them.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who may require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments, intensive care or critical care units.
- Assess the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients who may present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory or neurological care.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
Earn CME Credit
Approved for up to 25.75 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
|EARLY BIRD FEE*||FEE|
|AAFP Member||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $895||FEE: $995|
|AAFP New Physician Member||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $820||FEE: $920|
|AAFP Student Resident Member||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $645||FEE: $745|
|Allied Health Professional||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $895||FEE: $995|
|Nonmember||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $1,195||FEE: $1,295|
*Early bird fee available for registrations completed on or before August 18, 2014.
View the Cancellation & Course Refund Policy.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa(resweb.passkey.com)
1300 Tuyuna Trail
Santa Ana Pueblo, NM 87004
Phone: (505) 867-1234
Rate: $189 Single/Double Occupancy + current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- August 18, 2014
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after August 18, 2014, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa guarantees reservation by credit card and will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Acute Renal Failure
- Billing Pearls: Coding the Encounter
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- ENT Urgencies
- Fatal Rashes
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies
- Hematologic Emergencies
- HIV-Related Emergencies
- Mammalian Bites, Rabies and MRSA Updates
- Managing the Dying Patient
- Neurologic Emergencies
- New Drugs of Abuse
- OB Emergencies
- Orthopedics: Joint Reduction
- Pain and Sedation
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Pitfalls in the Evaluation of Child Abuse
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Role of the FP in a Disaster
- Spinning on that Dizzy Edge
- Toxic Flora Exposure
- Trauma (Chest, Abdomen, Lacerations, and Burns)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Urologic Emergencies
- The Use of Focused Bedside Ultrasonography to Facilitate Patient Care
- Vascular Emergencies
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, September 17, 2014|
|Wednesday, September 17, 2014 : 7:00 - 7:30 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, September 17, 2014 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, September 17, 2014 : 12:00 - 1:15 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, September 17, 2014 : 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, September 18, 2014|
|Thursday, September 18, 2014 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, September 18, 2014 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, September 18, 2014 : 12:00 - 1:15 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, September 18, 2014 : 1:15 - 6:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, September 19, 2014|
|Friday, September 19, 2014 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, September 19, 2014 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, September 19, 2014 : 12:00 - 1:15 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, September 19, 2014 : 1:15 - 6:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, September 20, 2014|
|Saturday, September 20, 2014 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, September 20, 2014 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, September 20, 2014 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourns|
Note: Course content and times are subject to change.
Optional sessions will be offered at this course. Registrants will be notified when these sessions become available. Separate registration and fee required.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. Additional information and instruction will be provided by email after you register.
This live activity, Emergency and Urgent Care, with a beginning date of September 17, 2014, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Ready to register?
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
September 17-20, 2014