Wednesday, October 11 - Saturday, October 14, 2017 | Las Vegas, NV
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
Register by September 8 to Save $100.
During evaluations, it’s crucial to know the latest treatment options. Learn best practices and evidence-based information on recent and relevant clinical topics, including opioid education, OB emergencies, DNR discussions, sepsis, and more.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who may require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments, intensive care or critical care units.
- Assess the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients who may present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory or neurological care.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
Attend Emergency and Urgent Care
Wednesday, October 11 - Saturday, October 14, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Bally's Las Vegas
Early bird registration discount available through September 8, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
- Acute Red Eye
- Animal Bites & Stings
- Chronic Pain Management
- Current State of Emergency and Urgent Care for Family Physicians in the US
- DNR Discussions
- Fatal Headaches
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies – Acute Abdominal Pain
- International Traveler Disease Recognition: Zika Virus & Others
- Interventions to Abandon in the ER/UC (Panel)
- Medical Apps
- Neurologic Emergencies
- New Antibiotics
- OB Emergencies
- Opioid Addiction Management
- Palliative Care Approach to the Terminally Ill in the Emergency Department
- Patient Satisfaction and Health Care Literacy
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Physician Wellness and Resilience: Management of the Difficult Patient
- Physician Wellness and Resilience: Dealing with Workplace Harassment
- Respiratory Emergencies: Acute Dyspnea
- Sepsis: Recognition and Management
- Sore Throats that Kill
- Stump the Expert – Panel Discussion
- Top 10 Hot Topics this Year
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Vascular Emergencies
- Wound Care
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 7:55 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, October 13, 2017|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
* Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Registrants will be notified when workshops are available to register. Separate registration and fee required to attend a workshop. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
Bally's Las Vegas
3645 South Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Monday-Thursday: $149 Single/Double Occupancy
Friday-Saturday: $179 Single/Double Occupancy
+ $25 daily resort fee
+ current tax rate
Housing will open in the coming weeks.
This live activity, Emergency and Urgent Care, with a beginning date of October 11, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »