Wednesday, October 11 - Saturday, October 14, 2017 | Las Vegas, NV
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
Save $100 when you register by September 8.
Improve patient satisfaction while learning the latest required emergency care updates. Learn best practices on relevant clinical topics, including acute respiratory infections, opioid management, and more.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who may require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments, intensive care or critical care units.
- Assess the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients who may present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory or neurological care.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
Attend Emergency and Urgent Care
Wednesday, October 11 - Saturday, October 14, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Bally's Las Vegas
Early bird registration discount available through September 8, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
- Acute Red Eye
- Animal Bites & Stings
- Chronic Pain Management
- Current State of Emergency and Urgent Care for Family Physicians in the US
- DNR Discussions
- Fatal Headaches
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies – Acute Abdominal Pain
- International Traveler Disease Recognition: Zika Virus & Others
- Interventions to Abandon in the ER/UC (Panel)
- Medical Apps
- Neurologic Emergencies
- New Antibiotics
- OB Emergencies
- Opioid Addiction Management
- Palliative Care Approach to the Terminally Ill in the Emergency Department
- Patient Satisfaction and Health Care Literacy
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Physician Wellness and Resilience: Management of the Difficult Patient
- Physician Wellness and Resilience: Dealing with Workplace Harassment
- Respiratory Emergencies: Acute Dyspnea
- Sepsis: Recognition and Management
- Sore Throats that Kill
- Stump the Expert – Panel Discussion
- Top 10 Hot Topics this Year
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Vascular Emergencies
- Wound Care
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 7:55 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, October 13, 2017|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, October 13, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, October 14, 2017 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
* Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Registrants will be notified when workshops are available to register. Separate registration and fee required to attend a workshop. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
Bally's Las Vegas(aws.passkey.com)
3645 South Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (800) 358-8777*
Monday-Thursday: $149 Single/Double Occupancy
Friday-Saturday: $179 Single/Double Occupancy
+ $25 daily resort fee
+ current tax rate
* For guests that prefer to phone in their reservations, you may call the Reservation Center at (800) 358-8777 to secure a reservation on your group block. However, you should be aware that a processing fee per reservation will be incurred if you choose not to use the dedicated web link. Currently, the name of the group is listed as Emergency and Urgent Care. Callers may also use the group code to identify the group, SBEUC7.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after September 8, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Bally's Las Vegas guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
This live activity, Emergency and Urgent Care, with a beginning date of October 11, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »