Wednesday, April 26 - Saturday, April 29, 2017 | Tampa, FL
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
Register by March 29 to Save $100.
During evaluations, it’s crucial to know the latest treatment options. Learn best practices and evidence-based information on recent and relevant clinical topics, including opioid education, OB emergencies, DNR discussions, sepsis, and more.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who may require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments, intensive care or critical care units.
- Assess the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients who may present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory or neurological care.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
Attend Emergency and Urgent Care
Wednesday, April 26 - Saturday, April 29, 2017
Hilton Tampa Downtown Hotel
Early bird registration discount available through March 29, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
- Blunt Neck Trauma
- Common Eye Conditions
- Depression, Suicide and Mood Disorders
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- ENT Urgencies: Blast Topic
- Electrolyte Abnormalities
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies
- Hematologic Emergencies
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Joint Injuries: Sprains & Dislocations
- Mammalian Bites, Rabies and MRSA
- Medical Malpractice
- Neurologic Emergencies
- New Drugs of Abuse
- OB Emergencies
- Pain and Sedation
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Trauma: Chest & Abdomen
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Knee Injuries
- Urologic Emergencies
- Vascular Emergencies
- Violence in the ER
- Wound Care
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017|
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017 : 7:55 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, April 27, 2017|
|Thursday, April 27, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, April 27, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, April 27, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, April 27, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, April 28, 2017|
|Friday, April 28, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, April 28, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, April 28, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, April 28, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, April 29, 2017|
|Saturday, April 29, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, April 29, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, April 29, 2017 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
* Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Registrants will be notified when sessions are available to register. Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Hilton Tampa Downtown Hotel(www.hilton.com)
211 N Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 322-4903
Rate: $169 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- March 29, 2017
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after March 29, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hilton Tampa Downtown Hotel guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
This live activity, Emergency and Urgent Care, with a beginning date of April 26, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »