Family Centered Maternity Care
Self-Study Package - Edition 7.1
Deliver the best maternity care from preconception to post pregnancy:
Current, evidence-based information on common maternity and family issues
Designed to help family physicians provide the best care to both mothers and mothers-to-be, as well as their growing families, the AAFP Family Centered Maternity Care Self-Study Package is a comprehensive, evidence-based learning solution built to help you enhance your ability to understand, diagnose, and treat common clinical problems in maternity care.
Use this dynamic self-study tool to better prepare for the maternity care module of the ABFM Family Medicine Certification Examination, while simultaneously staying on the leading edge of emerging public health topics that may concern your maternity patients.
Recorded from the AAFP Family Centered Maternity Care live course, this 29-session video self-study package will allow you to hone your clinical skills on a wide-range of maternity care topics — on a schedule that works best for you. View full topic list »
This self-study package is approved for up to 25.75 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
CME credit approved through January 23, 2020.
View all statements and agreements »
- 29 video presentations, 30-60 minutes each
- CME reporting and evaluation options after each presentation
- Interactive interface with QuestionPause™ during presentations
- Full-color, 350-plus page syllabus
- Online post-test*
- Audio CDs of presentations (flash drive and combination packages only)
- Customized learning option with multiple ways to work through the material:
- Continuous Play - audio and video with speaker slides
- QuestionPause Play - simulate the live course environment, answering questions as you go
- Standard CD Play - listen from your home, office, or car (flash drive and combination packages only)
- MP3 Audio - rip to your MP3 player and learn on the go
*Post-test MUST be submitted to claim CME credit.
AAFP member ID or purchase invoice required for post-test log in
Estimated time to complete package: 26 hours
Portable, easy access to all of your self-study materials. Includes an USB flash drive, audio CDs, and printed color syllabus.
- Common Newborn Problems
- Depression Disorders: Screening/Diagnosis/Management
- Diabetes: Pregestational and Gestational
- Genetic Screening
- Hypertensive Disorders
- Induction of Labor
- Infections in Pregnancy
- Intrapartum: Normal Labor
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Managing Category Two and Three Tracings
- Maternal Wellbeing
- Medical Conditions in Pregnancy - Part 1
- Medical Conditions in Pregnancy - Part 2
- Medical Conditions in Pregnancy - Part 3
- Midwifery and Stage Two Management
- Neonatal Respiratory Distress and Sepsis
- The New Stage Two Paradigm
- Optimal Timing of Delivery
- Postpartum Urgencies
- Preconception/First Trimester Concerns
- Prematurity Prevention/Treatment
- Prenatal Care: Part 1
- Prenatal Care: Part 2
- Prevention of Birth Defects During Pregnancy
- Prevention of the First Cesarean
- Promoting Maternal Infant Bonding
- Stage Three Management
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Trial of Labor After Previous Cesarean Section
- USB drive
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(www.adobe.com).
This Enduring Material activity, Family Centered Maternity Care Edition 7.1, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 01/24/2017. Term of approval is for 3 years from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »