Family Medicine Update Self-Study Package - 2nd Edition
Stay up-to-date with the very latest in family medicine-specific clinical issues you see every day.
Designed for family physicians not currently preparing for the ABFM Board Exam, the AAFP Family Medicine Update Self-Study Package is a comprehensive, evidence-based, learning tool built to help you do what you do best—take the best care of your patients.
This dynamic, 32-session video self-study was recorded from the AAFP Family Medicine Update live course. Use it to help you hone your clinical skills on a wide-range of family medicine topics—on a schedule that works best for you. View full topic list »
This self-study package is approved for up to 27.75 AAFP Prescribed credits; 27.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
CME credit approved through January 9, 2020.
View all statements and agreements »
- 32 video presentations, 30-60 minutes each
- CME reporting and evaluation option after each presentation
- Interactive interface with QuestionPause™ during presentations
- Full-color, 300-plus page syllabus
- Online post-test*
- Audio CDs of presentations (flash drive and combination packages only)
- Customized learning option with multiple ways to work through the material:
- Continuous Play - audio and video with speaker slides
- QuestionPause Play - simulate the live course environment, answering questions as you go
- Standard CD Play - listen from your home, office, or car (flash drive and combination packages only)
- MP3 Audio - rip to your MP3 player and learn on the go
*Post-test MUST be submitted to claim CME credit.
AAFP member ID or purchase invoice required for post-test log in
Estimated time to complete package: 28 hours
Portable, easy access to all of your self-study materials. Includes an USB flash drive, audio CDs, and printed color syllabus.
- AAFP Position Paper on Breastfeeding
- Acute Ischemic Stroke Update
- Acute Knee Injuries
- Acute Respiratory Infections in Outpatient Medicine
- Advances in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Common Benign Skin Lesions
- Common Childhood Bacterial Infections
- Common Skin Rashes in Children
- Concussion Management
- Current Issues in Women’s Health
- Diagnosis and Management of Fibromyalgia
- Diagnosis and Management of Osteoporosis
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Heart Failure
- Hepatitis C
- Hot Flashes – The Heat Goes On!
- Immunizations – 2016
- Improving Quality by Doing Less
- Interventions for Preventing Falls in Older People
- Living in the Community
- Management of Blood Glucose with Non-Insulin Therapies in Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- New Drugs on the Market
- Newer Anticoagulants Versus Warfarin
- Nontraumatic Shoulder Pain
- Pharmacologic Intervention for Weight Loss
- Preventive Pediatric Health Care Update and Bright Futures – 2016
- Primary Care Management of Osteoarthritis
- Probiotics for Gastrointestinal Disease Conditions
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- Sexually Transmitted Infections, Vaginitis, and Vaginosis
- Soft Tissue Infections: Staph and Strep Revisited
- Testosterone Deficiency
- United States Preventive Services Task Force
- USB drive
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(www.adobe.com).
This Enduring Material activity, Family Medicine Update 2nd Edition, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 27.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 01/10/2017. Term of approval is for 3 years from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 27.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit. View more credit agreements »