Thursday, September 14, 2017 | San Antonio, TX
KSA Working Group on Genomics
Attend Genomics KSA Working Group
Thursday, September 14, 2017
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
San Antonio, TX
AAFP Member - $235
New Physicians - $210
Student or Resident - $185
Nonmember - $305
More CME in San Antonio
Easily fulfill the 60-question Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA), formerly SAM, with this one-day session that meets your ABFM’s Family Medicine Certification Self-Assessment Activities requirement.
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Approved for up to 8 AAFP Prescribed credits.
Upon completion of this KSA, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Understanding of genomic concepts and terminology
- Skill in the interpretation of genomic testing and family history
- Skill in the application of genomics concepts to patient management
- Appreciation for the public health and policy implications of genomics
- Skill in the recognition and management of genetic disorders
- Appreciation for the ethical, legal, and social implications of genomics
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course and a hard copy syllabus available onsite. Any additional information will be provided by email.
Americo Fraboni, MD, FAAFP, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota
David Weismiller, MD, ScM, FAAFP, Professor, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada
The course will take place at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center during AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) annual meeting. You do not need to be registered for AAFP FMX in order to attend this course.
This live activity, KSA Working Group on Genomics, with a beginning date of September 14, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 8 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
Questions? View FAQ on KSA Working Groups »