Heart Failure SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement and explore current treatments in heart failure.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
Select a Course Date and Location
- October 12, 2014 | Hershey, PA
- November 15, 2014 | Las Vegas, NV
Registration available December 2013
What You Will Learn
Through this practical, hands-on course, you'll gain the skills to:
- Explain the approach to evaluating patients in heart failure
- Discuss the principles of neurohormonal antagonism in teh treatment of heart failure
- Explain current treatment options in heart failure
- Review therapeutic recommendations for diuretics, ACE inhibitors, ARB's, β-blockers, and digoxin in heart failure
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.