Saturday, November 15, 2014 | Las Vegas, NV
Heart Failure SAM Working Group
Save when you register by October 15.
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with one-day, topic-specific sessions that simplify the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process*.
*This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.
|EARLY BIRD FEE*||FEE|
|AAFP Members||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $195||FEE: $235|
|AAFP New Physician Members||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $145||FEE: $175|
|AAFP Resident Members||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $145||FEE: $175|
|Nonmembers||EARLY BIRD FEE*: $265||FEE: $305|
*Early bird fee available for registrations completed on or before October 15, 2014.
Early Bird Discount | AAFP members and nonmembers: $40; new physicians and residents: $30.
Discount applied to completed registration on or before the early bird registration date.
Contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for your accommodations during this course.
Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel(res.tropicanalv.com)
3801 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (800) 381-8767
Rate: $109 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- October 15, 2014
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after October 15, 2014, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel guarantees reservation with a deposit of one night's room plus tax. Credit cards will be charged the deposit at the time of making the reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 48 hours prior to arrival date.
Upon completion of this SAM, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Explain the approach to evaluating patients in heart failure.
- Discuss the principles of neurohormonal antagonism in the treatment of heart failure.
- Explain current treatment options in heart failure.
- Review therapeutic recommendations for diuretics, ACE inhibitors, ARB’s, β-blockers and digoxin in heart failure.
Americo Fraboni, MD, FAAFP, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota
David Weismiller, MD, ScM, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course, and a hard copy syllabus available onsite. Additional information and instruction will be provided by email.
Ready to Register?
Heart Failure SAM Working Group
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Questions? View FAQ on SAM Working Groups »