Hospital Medicine SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Improve your knowledge of hospital medicine including diagnosis, complications, and discharge in this one-day SAM Working Group course. Applicable to MC-FP Part II.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course include:
- Management of common hospital diagnoses
- Prevention and management of common complications
- Appropriate use of diagnostic testing
- Discharge planning
- System-based care
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website within one year (separate fee to the ABFM required).