Sunday, August 6, 2017 | Myrtle Beach, SC
KSA Working Group on Hypertension
Easily fulfill the 60-question Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA), formerly SAM, with this one-day session that meets your ABFM’s Family Medicine Certification Self-Assessment Activities requirement.
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Approved for up to 8 AAFP Prescribed credits; 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Attend KSA Working Group on Hypertension
Sunday, August 6, 2017
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH JUNE 28, 2017.
Early Bird $195
Early Bird $170
Student or Resident
Early Bird $145
Early Bird $265
Upon completion of this KSA, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Pharmacologic management of hypertension
- Nonpharmacologic management of hypertension
- Diagnosis and risk stratification of the hypertensive patient
- Recognition and management of hypertensive crisis
- Recognition and evaluation of the secondary causes of hypertension
- Management of hypertension in the patient with comorbid illness
- Management of hypertension in special populations
Janice Daugherty, MD, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
Jonathon Firnhaber, MD, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Residency Director, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course and a hard copy syllabus available on site. Additional information will be provided by email.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes(www.marriott.com)
8400 Costa Verde Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Phone: (800) 228-9290
Rate: $229 Single/Double Occupancy
+ $10 Daily Resort Fee
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 28, 2017
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after June 28, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes guarantees reservation by credit card. Card cards will not be charged prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival date.
This live activity, KSA Working Group on Hypertension, with a beginning date of August 6, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 8 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
Questions? View FAQ on KSA Working Groups »