Hypertension SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement and better manage hypertension in your patients
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course include:
- Pharmacologic management of hypertension
- Nonpharmacologic management of hypertension
- Diagnosis and risk stratification of the hypertensive patient
- Recognition and management of hypertensive crisis
- Recognition and evaluation of the secondary casses of hypertension
- Management of hypertension in the patient with co-morbid illness
- Management of hypertension in special populations
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.