Wednesday, April 5 - Saturday, April 8, 2017 | Las Vegas (Henderson), NV
Adult Medicine Live Course
Attend Adult Medicine
Wednesday, April 5 - Saturday, April 8, 2017
Las Vegas (Henderson), NV
Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH FEBRUARY 27, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Enhance your internal medicine knowledge to help treat your adult patients with multiple conditions and comorbidities. Explore the latest evidence-based information on clinical topics that include exercise for health, inflammatory bowel disease, obesity, and lung cancer, among other conditions.
Approved for up to 25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
- Synthesize appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for common adult conditions in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
- Recognize when to refer to or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
- Anemia & Hematologic Malignancies
- Asthma in Adults
- Cancer Controversy: (Breast, Lung and Prostate Cancers) To Screen or Not to Screen
- Cancer Survivorship
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Care of the Caregiver
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Diabetes Updates
- High Value Care
- Hospice/Palliative Care
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Lupus: Diagnosis and Management
- New Drugs of Abuse
- Obesity: (Pre and Post Bariatric Surgery)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Perioperative Risk Evaluation
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Top 10 New Things I’ve Learned
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, April 5, 2017|
|Wednesday, April 5, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, April 5, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, April 5, 2017 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, April 5, 2017 : 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, April 6, 2017|
|Thursday, April 6, 2017: 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, April 6, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, April 6, 2017: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, April 6, 2017: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, April 7, 2017|
|Friday, April 7, 2017: 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, April 7, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, April 7, 2017: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, April 7, 2017: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, April 8, 2017|
|Saturday, April 8, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, April 8, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, April 8, 2017 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
Contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for your accommodations during this course.
Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino(resweb.passkey.com)
2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone: (866) 782-9487
Rate: $170 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
+ $18 resort fee
Accommodation Cutoff -- February 27, 2017
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after February 27, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino guarantees reservation by credit card. When making reservations, one night's room and tax will be charged to hold reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
This live activity, Adult Medicine, with a beginning date of April 5, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »