Wednesday, October 25 - Saturday, October 28, 2017 | Phoenix, AZ
Adult Medicine Live Course
Register by September 27 to Save $100.
Attend Adult Medicine
Wednesday, October 25 - Saturday, October 28, 2017
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH September 27, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Enhance your internal medicine knowledge to help treat your adult patients with multiple conditions and comorbidities. Explore the latest evidence-based information on clinical topics that include exercise for health, inflammatory bowel disease, obesity, and lung cancer, among other conditions.
Approved for up to 25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credits include clinical procedural workshops. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
- Synthesize appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for common adult conditions in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
- Recognize when to refer to or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
- Anemia Classification and Management
- Asthma in Adults
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Cancer Controversy: (Breast, Lung and Prostate Cancers) To screen or not to screen
- Cancer Survivorship
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Chronic Pain Management
- Diabetes Updates
- Heart Failure
- Hepatitis C
- High Value Care
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Liver Function Tests
- Lupus: Diagnosis and Management
- MACRA: Medicare’s Shift to Value-based Delivery and Payment Models
- Obesity Management
- Perioperative Risk Evaluation
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Physician Wellness: Tools to Combat Burn-out
- Top 10 New Things I’ve Learned
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017|
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017 : 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017 : 1:45 - 4:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 26, 2017|
|Thursday, October 26, 2017: 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, October 26, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 26, 2017: 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, October 26, 2017: 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, October 27, 2017|
|Friday, October 27, 2017: 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, October 27, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, October 27, 2017: 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, October 27, 2017: 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, October 28, 2017|
|Saturday, October 28, 2017 : 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, October 28, 2017 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, October 28, 2017 : 12:15 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Registrants will be notified when workshops are available to register. Separate registration and fee required to attend a workshop. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort(aws.passkey.com)
7677 N. 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Phone: (602) 997-2626
Rate: $199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- September 27, 2017
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after September 27, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
This live activity, Adult Medicine, with a beginning date of October 25, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »