Wednesday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22, 2017 | Denver, CO
Family-Centered Maternity Care Live Course
Register by June 20 to Save $100.
Enhance your ability to understand common clinical problems in maternity care—from preconception to prenatal, and intrapartum to postpartum. Create evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat maternity-related conditions. Hear from leading experts in obstetrics, gynecology, and family medicine on a number of relevant topics.
Earning CME Credit
Approved for up to 25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credits include clinical procedural workshops. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of common clinical problems seen in maternity care, centered on the family.
- Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat common conditions related to maternity care.
- Prepare plans to address emerging public health topics that patients may present with and address concerns.
Attend Family-Centered Maternity Care
Wedneday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22, 2017
Grand Hyatt Denver
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH June 20, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
- Billing and Coding for Maternity Care
- Clinician’s Role in Successful Breastfeeding
- Case Studies/Hot Topics
- Cesarean Section Training: Obtaining Cesarean Skills/Privileging Issues
- Cesarean Section Training: Serving as a First Assistant & Anticipating and Responding to Intra-operative Complications
- Common Newborn Problems
- Depression Disorders: preconception, perinatal and postpartum considerations
- Diabetes: Pre-gestational and Gestational
- Genetic Screening
- Get LARC: Evidence and Systems
- Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy
- Impact of Obesity in Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Induction of Labor
- Infections in Pregnancy
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Labor Dystocia
- Maternity Care for the LGBT Community
- Management of First Trimester Pregnancy Loss
- Management of Persistent Occiput Posterior (OP) Malposition
- Maternal Child Immigrant and Refugee Health Care
- Medical Conditions in Pregnancy
- Medical Malpractice Realities
- Midwifery and Stage Two Management
- Neonatal Respiratory Distress and Sepsis
- New Stage Two Paradigm
- Non-pharmacologic Pain Management in LaborOptimal Time of Delivery
- Osteopathic Treatment of Common Discomforts in Pregnancy
- Postpartum Urgencies
- Preconception & Interconception Care
- Preconception Care of Women with Chronic Conditions
- Prematurity Prevention and Treatment
- Prenatal Care
- Prevention in Pregnancy
- Promoting Maternal-Infant Bonding
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Stage Three Management and Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Substance Use and Abuse in Pregnancy
- Trial of Labor after Cesarean (TOLAC)
- Use of Tool to Manage Category 2 and 3 FHR Tracings
Note: Topics are subject to change.
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017 : 7:45 - 11:45 a.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017 : 11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017 : 1:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Breakout Sessions|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017 : 12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017 : 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.||Breakout Sessions|
|Friday, July 21, 2017|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : 7:45 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : 10:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Breakout Sessions|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : 12:30 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : 1:45 - 6:15 p.m.||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Topics with times will be available soon. Registrants will be notified when workshops are available to register. Separate registration and fee required to attend a workshop. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Grand Hyatt Denver(resweb.passkey.com)
1750 Welton Street
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (800) 223-1234
Rate: $209 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 20, 2017
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after June 20, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Grand Hyatt Denver guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
This live activity, Family-Centered Maternity Care, with a beginning date of July 19, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
The following organizations accept AAFP Prescribed credit:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)