Wednesday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22, 2017
Family-Centered Maternity Care Live Online Streaming
Register by June 20 to Save $100.
This new learning opportunity has the same great price as the live course, but with all the conveniences of your home or office! Save on travel, hotel and meal expenses, and engage in this live course (streaming from Denver, CO) from the comfort of home.
Enhance your ability to understand common clinical problems in maternity care—from preconception to prenatal, and intrapartum to postpartum. Create evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat maternity-related conditions. Hear from leading experts in obstetrics, gynecology, and family medicine on a number of relevant topics.
Earning CME Credit
Approved for up to 26.25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of common clinical problems seen in maternity care, centered on the family.
- Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat common conditions related to maternity care.
- Prepare plans to address emerging public health topics that patients may present with and address concerns.
Attend Family-Centered Maternity Care
Wedneday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22, 2017
Streaming from Denver, CO
Last day to register is Friday, July 14, 2017 at 12 p.m. CT.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH June 20, 2017.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Note: Topics are subject to change.
- Abnormal Cervical Cancer Screening in Pregnancy
- Billing and Coding for Maternity Care
- Breech Delivery
- Cesarean Section Training: Obtaining Cesarean Skills/Privileging Issues
- Cesarean Section Training: Serving as a First Assistant & Anticipating and Responding to Intra-operative Complications
- Clinician’s Role in Successful Breastfeeding
- Common Newborn Problems
- Diabetes: Pre-Gestational & Gestational
- Domestic Violence in Pregnancy
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Genetic Screening & Non-invasive Diagnostic Testing (+ Case Study)
- Case Study Guidelines
- Get LARC: Evidence and Systems
- Group Prenatal Care
- Impact of Obesity in Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Induction of Labor
- Infections in Pregnancy
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Labor Dystocia
- Labor Near Viability
- Management of Category 2 Tracings
- Management of First Trimester Pregnancy Loss
- Management of Persistent Occiput Posterior (OP) Malposition
- Marijuana Use in Pregnancy
- Massive Transfusion Protocol
- Maternal Child Immigrant and Refugee Health Care
- Medical Conditions in Pregnancy
- Neonatal Respiratory Distress and Sepsis
- New Stage Two Paradigm
- Non-Pharmacologic Pain Management in Labor
- Optimal Time of Delivery
- Osteopathic Treatment of Common Discomforts in Pregnancy
- Postpartum Urgencies
- Preconception & Interconception Care
- Preconception Care of Women with Chronic Conditions
- Pregnancy Care for the LGBT Community
- Prematurity Prevention & Treatment
- Prenatal Care
- Racial Disparities & Maternity Care Outcomes
- Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Trial of Labor after Cesarean (TOLAC): Evidence-Based Strategies to Increase Rates of Use
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Presentations|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017 : 1:15 - 4:45 p.m.||Presentations|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017 : 7:30 - 11:45 a.m.||Presentations|
|Thursday, July 20, 2017 : 1:00 - 5:45 p.m.||Presentations|
|Friday, July 21, 2017|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Presentations|
|Friday, July 21, 2017 : Afternoon - On your own|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Presentations|
|Saturday, July 22, 2017 : 12:15 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
Note: Times are subject to change.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course.
You may purchase a copy of the printed syllabus for $60 plus shipping and handling until 12 pm (CT) on Friday, July 14, 2017. Shipping and handling costs will reflect the fees necessary to get the syllabus to you by no later than the end of day on Tuesday, July 18, 2017.
What should I expect after I register for online streaming?
Initially, you will receive a confirmation email with the exact dates and times of the live streaming activity.
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 (one week before the course), you will receive a reminder email and link to a course resource web page that contains everything necessary for you to participate in the live streaming course: log-in information for streaming, log-in to the audience engagement system, a link to download or view the course syllabus, link to the evaluation and report CME, and helpful tips to guide you in successful preparation for taking an online streaming course.
What are the system requirements for the live online streaming?
For ideal viewing and participation, the learner should have access to the following:
- Adobe Flash Plug-in
- Internet Explorer 9+, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- High speed internet connection
- Also compatible with iOS (Apple) and Android based tablets and smartphones
Will the live presentations be recorded?
Yes.You will be notified after the course when the presentations are available to view online. Access to these presentations are complimentary and will expire on December 31, 2017. No additional CME credit is awarded.
What if I want to cancel my live streaming course registration?
What if I'm not satisfied with the live streaming course experience?
Please contact the AAFP Member Resource Center at 800-274-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. CT, Monday, July 24, 2017.
This live activity, Family-Centered Maternity Care, with a beginning date of July 19, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26.25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
The following organizations accept AAFP Prescribed credit:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)