Mental Health in the Community SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Understand the resources available and when to refer patients with mental health issues in this one-day SAM Working Group course. Applicable to MC-FP Part II.
About the Course
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course include:
- Co-management of mental health conditions
- Referral to mental health practitioners
- Models of care in community mental health care
- Family and community resources pertinent to mental health issues
- Co-morbid disorders
- Epidemiology/risk factors for mental health conditions
- Primary management of mental health in the community
- Screening for and diagnosis of mental health conditions
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.