An MC-FP Part IV Solution
Access to this module will be discontinued as of December 31, 2013.
In order to receive 20 AAFP Prescribed credits and meet the MC-FP Part IV requirement, you must complete the module and online evaluation by December 31, 2013. Note that in order to successfully complete the module you must allow 60-90 days to complete all 3 stages of the module.
Each year, more than 50,000 adults and 300 children in the United States die from vaccine-preventable diseases or their complications. This METRIC Childhood Immunization module is a performance-improvement project designed to help you increase immunization rates for your younger patients.
This program uses your patients' data to evaluate your performance and allows you to compare your performance with that of your peers. It helps you develop an action plan, and offers tips, templates and resources based on the interventions you select. Then, it shows you the improvement in immunization rates. You can access this performance-improvement program from any computer and work at your own pace.
This METRIC module will take between 30 days and 12 months to complete, depending upon the length of time you choose to wait before reassessment.
- Easy-to-follow, performance-improvement program
- Designed for physicians in office-based practices
- Residency group participation is not available for this module
- Confidential data collection
- Links to additional resources, evidence-based guidelines and quality-improvement methodologies also available to your staff
- Approved for 20 AAFP Prescribed credits
- Approved by the ABFM as an alternative program to fulfill Maintenance of Certification Part IV (MC-FP Part IV)
- This activity is best viewed with a high-speed Internet connection (e.g. Cable, DSL).
To participate in the activity, you will need a current Web browser:
- Firefox (PC or Mac; version 3.0 or greater) (recommended)
- Internet Explorer (PC only version 7.0 to 9.0)
- Mac users: The latest version of Safari is required. Free download(www.apple.com) available from the Apple website.
- Current versions of Adobe Reader and Windows Media Player are needed to view course materials.
The AAFP is part of the PROTECTTM educational collaborative that developed this immunization module.
This module is no longer available for purchase.
If you have previously purchased this module, you may complete it by December 31, 2013.