An MC-FP Part IV Solution
In the United States, more than 25.8 million people have diabetes. Identify changes that will improve the lives of your diabetic patients, and your practice, through this METRIC diabetes module. It takes you step by step through a performance improvement project aimed at improving patient diabetes care.
This program uses your own patient data to evaluate your current quality of patient care and to compare with your peers. It helps you develop an action plan and offers tips, templates and resources to implement that plan, then measures the improvement to patient outcomes. Access to this online performance improvement program is available from any computer and allows you to work individually at your own pace or with other physicians in a group. The program can be used in large quality improvement initiatives across multiple practice sites and METRIC program staff is available to create group data reports and provide other administrative group needs.
METRIC is also a valuable tool for residency program tracking and quality improvement, eliminating project design time on your part. This program builds critical skills in practice-based learning and improvement, an ACGME requirement for residency programs.
This METRIC module will take a minimum of one month to complete. To meet the MC-FP Part IV requirement, it must be completed within 12 months.
- Easy to follow, step by step performance improvement program
- Designed for physicians in office-based practices
- Individual or group participation: CME credits awarded on an individual basis
- Confidential data collection
- Links to additional resources, evidence based guidelines, and quality improvement methodologies
- Approved for 20 AAFP Prescribed credits
- Approved by the ABFM as an alternative program to fulfill Maintenance of Certification Part IV (MC-FP Part IV)
- This activity is best viewed with a high-speed Internet connection (e.g. Cable, DSL).
To participate in the activity, you will need a current Web browser:
- Firefox (PC or Mac; version 3.0 or greater) (recommended)
- Internet Explorer (PC only version 7.0 to 9.0)
- Mac users: The latest version of Safari is required. Free download(www.apple.com) available from the Apple website.
- Current versions of Adobe Reader and Windows Media Player are needed to view course materials.
Purchase this module
Diabetes METRIC® Module
Already Purchased this Module?
Begin or continue the Diabetes Module.