Pain Management SAM Working Groups
All dates and locations
Understand pain management, including legal/psychosocial aspects and pharmacologic treatment, through this one-day SAM Working Group session. Applicable to MC-FP Part II.
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process*.
*To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website within one year (separate fee to the ABFM required).
- General principles of pain management
- Legal/psychosocial aspects of pain management
- Management of pain in cancer and terminal illness
- Pharmacologic treatment of pain
Select an Upcoming Session to Attend
Simplify the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement with a one-day SAM Working Group on pain management. Held at San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA.
Simplify the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement with a one-day SAM Working Group on pain management. Held at Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa, Hilton Head Island, SC.