Pain Management SAM Working Groups
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with this one-day session that simplifies the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement and understand pain management, including legal/psychosocial aspects and pharmacologic treatment.
Simplify the ABFM's MC-FP Part II Requirement
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Earn CME by completing the SAM process.*
Topics covered in this course include:
- General principles of pain management
- Legal/psychosocial aspects of pain management
- Management of pain in cancer and terminal illness
- Pharmacologic treatment of pain
*Receiving Credit for SAM Working Groups
This working group is designed to help you fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process. No CME is awarded. Completion of the clinical simulation on the ABFM website is required within one year of attending this working group in order to finish the SAM process and receive CME credit. A separate fee to the ABFM will apply.