Sunday, April 13, 2014
Preventive Care SAM Working Group in Las Vegas
Register by March 11 and SAVE!
Also in Las Vegas
Separate registration and fee required.
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with one-day, topic-specific sessions that simplify the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement. To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website within one year (separate fee to the ABFM required).
At the end of this course, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Current cancer screening guidelines/recommendations
- Current medical screening guidelines/recommendations
- Current chemoprevention guidelines/recommendations
- Counseling and health promotion
- Principles of screening and population health
The registration fee includes access to the course syllabus online, available about one week prior to the course. Additional information will be provided to registrants by email.
|On or Before March 11, 2014||Members: $185||Residents: $135||Nonmembers: $255|
|After March 11, 2014||Members: $225||Residents: $175||Nonmembers: $295|
*A printed copy of the course syllabus may be purchased for an additional $10.
View the Cancelation & Course Refund Policy.
Note: A separate fee to the ABFM is required to complete the SAM process. This workshop helps you fulfill the knowledge assessment part of the SAM process and no CME is awarded. To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also, within one year, complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel(res.tropicanalv.com)
3801 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (800) 634-4000
Group Code: SCI414
Accommodation Cutoff -- March 11, 2014
Rate: $109 Single/Double Occupancy + current tax rate
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
- Reservations made after March 11, 2014 will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel guarantees reservation with a deposit of one night's room plus tax. Credit cards will be charged the deposit at the time of making the reservation.
- Reservations may be canceled without charge up to 48 hours prior to arrival date.
Americo D. Fraboni, MD, FAAFP
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine; Chief of Staff, Fairview Medical Center, Princeton, Minnesota
David G. Weismiller, MD, ScM, FAAFP
Professor, The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina